Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Vegan kickstart Day #2

I had lunch today with my mom at a place called Roots, at which she's eaten at several times, and I never have. I had their vegan chili empanadas which were really, really delicious, and the little bit of cheese sprinkled on the side salad was the one slip-up in my daily attempt at veganism. Roots happens to be right next to a Trader Joe's, so there was some shopping for veganish things done there, and I've also eaten today- a shingo pear/singo pear/apple pear/Korean pear/Asian pear (there are too many names for it, but it's absolutely my favorite fruit, they're so good!), a few almonds, my weight in blueberries, and for dinner- a Morningstar Farms chik patty & Uncle Ben's 90-second Basmati rice with some leftover grilled veggies my dad made yesterday-- corn, 3 different kinds of squash, and asparagus, with some grapes for dessert.

Anyway, it's not like I actually cooked anything myself, but it all tasted so good I felt like sharing! (And, seriously, I can't stop eating these blueberries, they're so amazing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment